Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sleep Sack


If your a new mommy or you've been at the game for a while we all know there is one concern that is constently on the back of or minds SIDS
Halo has come up with a great solution SLEEP SACKS
they retail for around $30 and look like this

Squirmy grows all to quick and I don't really want to spend 30 bucks every 2-3 months so I made my own it was really cheap and super easy
the supplies you will need are
-needle and thread and less your are a lucky one and have a sewing machine
-a zipper I got mine out of the sale bucked for .49 cents and it is 14" [my son is 7 months old and about 28" long]
-fleece fabric [I purchased 3 yards for 3 bucks :)]
STEPS
-measure your little one on the fabric by puting a dot with a marker at his shoulder and then a dot about 5-6 inches below his feet
-draw our a pattern using these to dots as guidelines [i did this all free form]
-then cut out your first peace
-trace your first peace to make the second [make sure the top scoops more for the front]
-Sew the two together
-turn inside out & cut a slit down the front in the length of you zipper
-Sew zipper on
AND THATS IT YOUR DONE
it took me about and hour total to make this by
hand
and I even added this cute little label in that says for my little one by mom





♥ Sarah

No comments: