Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Craft Babies Born in 2008 Special Edition

Thats a flashy post title I hope my blog can meet its standards lol
This weekend I tackled 3 projects
1)Squirmy's baby book
2) Squirmy's 2008 time capsule
3) A Hat for a friend

I can say I successfully completed all three but number three turned out so horrible that within minutes I unwound the entire hat and went in search of a new hat pattern which will be tackled this weekend the other projects were very succesful

PROJECT #1
Squirmy's Baby Book
My baby book was given to me at my shower its cute and has lots of places for pictures supplies I used in this project include
1) Baby book
2) Pictures lots and lots of pictures
3) A ball point pen

I am pretty sure you are all capabule of doing the rest your self and are probably thinking at this point why are we getting a craft blog on filling out a baby book ... well my friends you know that one page that is filled with what was happening in the world.... Yeah that page the page I skipped a million time in hopes that it would just disappear .Well I took the time to look everything up that you will need for that page according to the questions in my book ! Cuz lets face it mamas sense our babies have been born who has really kept up on this stuff. I don't know who the top actor is but I could give you a list of all the toys that have been recalled in the last month LOL.. So here we go !
1) Top world news ?
-when we realized the sky was falling
-yes he could
-mumbai held hostage
-devestation in Islambad
-Pirates rule the waves
-War in Caucasus
-China spreads the melamine
-Twilight of cuba's Patriarch
-An Audacious Rescue in Colombia
-Mother Natures Double Whammy
2)The President?
-George W Bush but this was an election year and Barrack Obama was Elected
3)The Economy?
-In a crisis
4) Popular Television Shows?
-Grey's Anatomy
-Prison Break
-House
-Heros
-Smallvile
-Gossip Girl
-Lost
-NCIS
-One Tree Hill
-Scrubs
-The Office
5)Musical Groups?
-Lil' Wayne
-Rihanna
-Cold Play
-Beyonce
-Taylor Swift
-Nickle Back
-Katie Perry
-Leona Lewis
-T.I
-Kaye West
-PSD
6)Popular songs?
-Love Lock Down
-So What
-Oh My God
-A milli
-White Winter Hymnal
-Burnin ' UP
-Single Ladies
-Time to Pretend
-Rock Ferry
-Going on
7) Famous Actors/Actresses?
-Kate Winslet
-Viola Davis
-Dakota Fannining
-Kimberly Rivers Roberts
-Angelina Jolie
-Heath Ledger
-Jean Claude Van Damme
-Vlad Iuanou
-Brandon Walters
-Ben Burtt
8) Sports Figures?
-Tiger Woods
-Rafael Nadal
-Eli Manning
-Micheal Phelps
-Usain Bolt
-Josh Hamilton
-CC>Sabathia
-Paul Pierce
-Dustin Pedroia
-Alexander Ovechkin
9) Fashion Trends?
-Vertiginous Heels
-Obama Mania
-Lace
-Boyfriend eans
-The little Black Dress
10)Popular Movies
-Juno
-Wall-E
-The Curious Case of Benjamen Button
-Iron Man
-Darak Night
-Ma Ma Mia
-Wanted
-Hanncock
-Righteous Kill
-Eagle Eye
11)Dest Sellers
-2666
-Lush Life
-American Wife
-Anathem
-Unaccustomed Earth
-Personal Days
-The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
-When will there be good news
-The Graveyard Book
-The Windows of East Wick
12) The price of....
-A gallon of gas 3.89-4.09
-A loaf of bread 1.59
-A home 206,200
-A car 27,958
-A jar of hone 10.99
-A stamp .42 cents
wooooooooooooo thats it we are done here are some pics of how my book turned out



Project #2
Squimys 2008 Time Capsule
This project was all about saving some great keepsakes
The supplies you need for this project are
  1. a big envelope or box
  2. Stickers markers ect
  3. baby keepsakes
The steps to this project are very creative decorate the box/envelope however you wish and place objects in side with an inventory list of each object and why they are important the objects that I included are
  1. Release papers and test from the hospital
  2. Silver dollar from his birth year
  3. His ultrasound photos
  4. All the cards he has gotten so far
  5. My pregnancy journal
  6. The hat/shirt and hospital bracelets he wore
  7. His I'm a boy name tag
  8. Favors from my baby shower




YAY FOR BABIES AND MEMORIES
♥ Sarah



No comments: